Skip to Content
- 40 minutes
- 5 Minutes
- Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 Montchevre Fresh Goat Cheese Log (10.5 oz.)
- Crushed Walnuts
- 1 tbsp. crushed black pepper
- 3 cups panko crumbs
- 1 large egg
- Cut log of fresh goat cheese into 20 pieces. Roll each into the shape of a ball.
- Place each piece on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate pieces for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add egg and club soda, and whisk.
- Whisk cornstarch and flour into egg and club soda mix
- Place panko crumbs and black pepper on a large plate.
- Dip each ball in batter and immediately roll thoroughly in panko until covered in a thin layer. Repeat.
- Place each ball onto baking sheet and place in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large cooking pan, heat a few inches of vegetable oil at 395 degrees.
- Once oil is heated, place 4-5 balls in oil and allow them to cook for approximately two minutes—turn regularly. Bites will be cooked once panko crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove bites carefully with tongs or slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Transfer bites to a serving plate, drizzle with honey and scatter crushed walnuts on top.
- Enjoy them while they’re hot!