Creamy Pumpkin Chicken Pasta
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- 2 8-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- ¼ cup small diced yellow onions
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of canned pureed pumpkin
- 2 oz Montchevre Spiced Pumpkin Goat Cheese + more for garnish
- 8 ounces of linguine pasta, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to a medium size frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to lightly smoke, turn the heat down to medium and add in the chicken breasts and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until browned and cooked throughout.
- Set the chicken breasts aside and add the onions and garlic to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Next, add in the whipping cream and cook over low heat until it becomes very thick, like an alfredo sauce.
- Whisk in the pumpkin and spiced pumpkin goat cheese until the sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce until coated and serve with the cooked chicken breasts. Add optional garnishes of more goat cheese crumbles, chopped parsley, and pepitas.